How Asian Culture Has Influenced the Slot Machine Industry
If, while playing slots, a player sees hieroglyphs, dragons, pandas, samurai, and during the game hears music stylized to resemble traditional oriental motives, then this is an Asia-themed slot machine. The wide assortment of Asian-themed slots is due to the various features of the machines, which differ from each other both visually and in terms of the features of the gameplay, so the player will have plenty to choose from.
Features of the Asian Theme
Such slot machines can be divided into several groups:
- Japan. They are usually made in a recognizable style: hieroglyphs, images of Japanese gods, portraits of men and women in national Japanese costumes are used as the main symbols. A separate subgroup is made up of slot machines dedicated to modern Japan — they are characterized by hi-tech design.
- China. It is easy to confuse them with the models from the previous group, but there are characteristic differences: the images here will be different, but the hieroglyphs are used differently. Dragons are often found among the symbols.
- Korean and Indian culture. There are much fewer of them than Japanese and Chinese, but still, they are.
Features of Slots on the Theme of Asia
Such slots provide a lot of interesting characteristics:
- brightly decorated game reels, where there was a place for luxurious palaces, oriental coins and other local decorations;
- an original animation that can perfectly convey the battles of the samurai, the cherry blossom gardens hidden behind the horizon;
- peculiar sound design, accompanied by the sounds of a flute and other musical instruments traditional for the East;
- impressive winnings: oriental-themed slots, like the inhabitants of this region, are famous for their generosity, allowing the player to earn good money.
Many companies creating gambling software have turned to the theme of the culture of India, Japan and China, so that slot machines on this topic are available from any developer. At the same time, there are companies on the market that determine development trends:
- Aristocrat. Its top slot machines include Choy Sun Doa, Lucky 88, 50 Dragons and Dragon Emperor;
- Microgaming. This famous developer cannot ignore the topic. Besides Asian Beauty and So Much Sushi, it has a Dragon Dance dedicated to traditional Chinese carnivals, and several other machines on the subject;
- EGT. It also refers to the traditions of the East: its online slots (2 Dragons, Kashmir Gold, Great Empire) are characterized by original design, unconventional visual solutions and a high-quality soundtrack. In addition, slot machines have a jackpot that drops out randomly and brings variety to the gameplay.
Asian traditions remain an interesting topic for online slot developers, who usually create machines with a recognizable design. Gaming solutions based on oriental themes provide additional interest.